RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
Attendance Office: Room 200
Attendance Secretary: Georgiana Paril
Attendance Office Phone #: 908-204-2585 X200
Attendance Office FAX #: 908-552-7397
ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL
- Parent/Guardian must call the Attendance Office before 9:00 a.m. on the morning of the absence. (do NOT call the Nurse/Health Office).
- If there is no answer, please leave a message on the voicemail. Please spell your child’s name and indicate grade and the reason for the absence.
- A message may be left anytime prior to the absence.
- If the student has seen a physician for any reason relating to the absence, he/she must bring the note to the Attendance Office following the absence. After processing attendance records, these notes will then be forwarded to the Health Office for their recordkeeping.
TARDY TO SCHOOL
- If the student is late to school, he/she must report to the Attendance Office for a tardy pass prior to reporting to class.
- A tardy will be considered “excused” in the case of a religious observance, medical appointment, or personal illness documented by a parent note/phone call or a physician’s note if applicable.
- Notes are required for all early dismissals and will be phone verified by the Attendance Office.
- In order to process these requests in a timely manner, it is preferable for the parent to leave a message on the voice mail of the Attendance Office prior to the start of the school day confirming the student’s name, grade, reason for and time of early dismissal. To avoid confusion, please be sure to spell your child’s name. Parents should indicate on the note that they have left a message in order to avoid unnecessary phone calls from the Attendance Office.
- If a message is not left for the Attendance Office, the written parent note must contain the phone number(s) where confirmation can be made.
- The student must visit the Attendance Office to acquire the early dismissal pass to show his/her teacher in order to leave the classroom prior to leaving school.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO RHS CLOSES AT 1:45 FOR BUS ARRIVAL. If your child has an early dismissal after 1:45pm, please use second entrance by the Bernards Twp Health Department and pick up your child at PAC entrance.
- Unconfirmed requests will not be honored.
STUDENTS WHO LEAVE SCHOOL WITHOUT A PASS FROM THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE WILL BE REFERRED TO AN ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL FOR DISCIPLINARY